Saturday, January 7, 2012

Snowman frame

I was part of a gift exchange with a group of very talented crafters this past holiday season. Part of the gift exchange was to make a homemade item for your partner. I was really nervous about making something for someone else, as this group of girls have more talent than I do (I mean seriously, my preschooler is more creative than I am).  I thought it would be nice to make something that she could hang if she wanted and was festive for the holiday season.  My partner loves the color red and her favorite season is winter, so I chose to make a snowman frame for her.

I found the frame at Hobby Lobby (boy I didn't know how hard it would be to find the perfect frame once you have a project in mind), but this one was square, 8x8 with a frosted glass front. Then I used some of my favorite Christmas stack, from recollections, and used that as the backdrop. I used pearls on the paper to add a little something.  I cut the snowman out of Christmas Cards Cricut cartridge and used red pearls as the buttons. I got a chance to use my Peachy Keen stamps for the face and used a little chalk to make the cheeks rosy.  The snowman was then put on the frame and pop dotted to make it stand out more. Finally I added some snowflakes for a little fun. 


On the frame itself I used a wide red ribbon and made it into a ruffle and added some flowers that were quilled using my cuddlebug and quilling tools.

Here it is.



I hope my secret partner likes it!  It was a lot of fun to make! Take care everyone

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, this is adorable - you so have got talent :p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh This is so so cute! Love that red paper! And your ribbon folds on the corner. I am so going to scraplift this. TFS

    ReplyDelete