Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thinking of you

So a dear friend of mine lost her 18 year old nephew in a car wreck in TX last month. I thought I would send her a quick card to let her know that I am thinking of her.  She has always been there for me, so making this card was something I could do to show her how much I care for her.

It was pretty simple. I got this paper pack for $4.50, DCWV 12x12 Green Tea stack at Marshalls. I had no idea that Marshalls would have paper until my good friend Allison over at http://papercraftweekendchallenge.blogspot.com/ "informed" me that they have some great deals. And seriously, $4.5 for a full stack of paper... *drool*

Anyway, where was I. Right, the card. So making cards can be pretty easy or complex, just depending on how much time you have to put into it. For me, time is not on my side right now, so I had to make something quick.  So I took one sheet of white 8.5 by 11 cardstock and cut it in half, folded it and taa daa, I had my card base. Then I used one of my favorite Martha Stewart punches along the border, so pretty. And my spellbinder dies. A couple stamps later, glue it down and it was done.  Quick and simple, but I know she'll love it



And for the inside I used a sheet of the blue cardstock and stamped a swirl to it, just to give it a little texture or something



And finally my finishing stamp, one I got off this great seller from eBay. Love his selection and prices are amazing! Seriously!! 



Well thanks for looking!  I have another fun project to post for you guys. This is something that I love to do, more than pages. It is an altered item for a gift exchange. So be on the lookout, once my busy season at work ends, I will be back to creating and crafting all the time 






3 comments:

  1. Great card, Rebecca. Sorry you made it for such a sad reason, but I'm sure your friend appreciated getting it. Can you tell me the name of the Ebay seller you got your personalized stamp from? I have one that I love, but they make nice gifts for friends, and the person I got mine from was a little pricey. Can't wait to see the altered gift item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole! The eBay seller is loongchai74. I paid around $8 including shipping, and he was great to work with. He sends you a PDF with the stamp before he makes it. It does take 2 weeks to ship as Chris is located in Malaysia. Let me know if you get one, would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca your card is so pretty, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete