Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Around the track

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting my next project. We lost power for multiple days and it was hard to get online, then I went away for the weekend on a scrap retreat, working lots of hours... (Insert lots of random boring excuses here, haha)

Anyway, I worked on a page before the power went out.  It is kinda boring but I wanted to share with everyone. My little brother Jason is into racing cars. He belongs to a sports car club racing league and is a really good driver. (Seriously, you think scrapbooking is expensive, try racing cars! OUCH!!!).  My dad was always his chief crew member and my older brother was part of the crew. When my dad passed away, my older brother Matt became the chief crew member. Matt painted the car in a orange and white check pattern in memory of my dad (my dad had painted Jasons first race car those colors and he always loved them). For the first race of the season I went up to the track to watch them both in action. I was starting a new scrapbook and needed a single layout. So I started by picking the pictures that I wanted to use and paper. And what a great way to start a new album but a fun family memory at the track.

Here is a sampling of the supplies that I used. SEI paper pack called "En Route", the black paper is from AC Cardstock and the sand colored paper is from Core'dinations "Sandy Tan".  I also used some brads from My Minds Eye (Abbey Road Travel Kit), my gypsy and cricut.


I cut some arrows out from Graphically Speaking cricut cartridge on the sandy tan paper and the font from Nates ABCs in black paper.  Just slapped the photos on and tada!! Quick and simple.



To finish it off I just added 3 brads and drew arrows using a silver pen around the large tan arrows.


As a mom with 2 little boys at home, I struggle some times with the big boys layouts. I think this one, although simple, will do just fine in my album.

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Love your LO Rebecca - some times quick and simple is all you need, it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely layout and it will do GREAT in your album. TFS sweetie

    ReplyDelete